Litigation Associate (2-4 years)August 8, 2019
Lenczner Slaght is widely recognized as Canada’s leading litigation firm. Focusing exclusively on litigation and advocacy, our lawyers represent a diverse range of clients from commercial disputes and class actions to cross-border matters and professional regulation.
We are currently seeking a Litigation Associate qualified to practice law in Ontario. We draw upon our firm’s extensive courtroom experience as we represent clients in a wide range of matters and practice areas in proceedings before all levels of Canadian courts. Lenczner Slaght’s lawyers have deep experience in all aspects of litigation. Our lawyers are consistently recognized by leading publications, including Chambers Canada and Lexpert. The ideal candidate for the position will have the below qualifications.
- 2-4 years of litigation experience
- Excellent oral advocacy skills along with well-developed negotiation and problem solving skills
- Strong writing, drafting, research and analytical skills along with a demonstrated ability to conduct complex legal research and develop legal arguments
- Demonstrated organizational and practice management skills, a keen attention for detail and the ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Exceptional client management skills and proven relationship building and interpersonal skills, a strong listener who is able to quickly establish trust and credibility with his / her clients
- Developed knowledge of various legal research methods and technology
- Excellent academic performance
Lenczner Slaght offers the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of Canada’s most highly regarded litigators. New associates sharpen their advocacy skills by getting as much experience as possible in the courtroom acting for a diverse array of clients.
We are known for our wealth of talent: Lenczner Slaght partners are ranked among the best of their peers nationally and lead a mentoring and development program that attracts gifted lawyers who are committed to upholding the highest professional standards.
Applications should be addressed to Natalie Zinman, Director, Legal Recruitment and Development. Qualified candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, résumé and transcripts online HERE.
Applications are being considered as they are received. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Widely recognized as Canada's leading litigation practice, Lenczner Slaght has successfully represented clients' interests in some of the country's most complex and high-profile cases. Our lawyers are distinguished by their depth of courtroom experience, appearing at all levels of the courts, before tribunals, and in mediation and arbitration proceedings. We're also known for our wealth of talent: Lenczner Slaght partners, ranked among the best of their peers nationally, recruit and mentor gifted litigators who uphold the highest professional standards. From commercial disputes and class actions to professional regulation and cross-border matters, we bring expert strategy to all areas of litigation.