Staff Review LawyerOctober 4, 2019
Lenczner Slaght is widely recognized as Canada’s leading litigation firm. Focusing exclusively on litigation and advocacy, our lawyers represent a diverse range of clients from commercial disputes, construction litigation, class actions to cross-border matters and professional regulation.
We draw upon our firm’s extensive courtroom experience as we represent clients in a wide range of matters and practice areas in proceedings before all levels of Canadian courts. Lenczner Slaght’s lawyers have deep experience in all aspects of litigation.
We are currently seeking a Staff Review Lawyer qualified to practice law in Ontario. The role involves evidentiary management and analysis, performance of document review, and conduct of quality control assessments on outsourced legal reviews. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and a proficiency in using eDiscovery software are also required.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Review and analyze documents and data collected from clients for production in litigation or regulatory reviews
- Perform and manage second level quality control review of outsourced document reviews
- Provide post-production support in evidentiary analysis including locating key documents, drafting summaries of evidence, answering undertakings and drafting chronologies
- J.D. or equivalent required with membership in good standing with the Law Society
- Minimum 3 years previous document review experience including review on large scale and complex files as well as second level or quality control work
- Demonstrated proficiency in using eDiscovery software including Relativity and/or Ipro and any advanced analytical features of these tools
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and time management skills
Lenczner Slaght offers the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of Canada’s most highly regarded litigators. We are known for our wealth of talent: Lenczner Slaght partners are ranked among the best of their peers nationally and lead a mentoring and development program that attracts gifted lawyers who are committed to upholding the highest professional standards.
Applications should be addressed to Natalie Zinman, Director, Legal Recruitment and Development. Qualified candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, résumé and transcripts online HERE.
Applications are being considered as they are received. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Widely recognized as Canada's leading litigation practice, Lenczner Slaght has successfully represented clients' interests in some of the country's most complex and high-profile cases. Our lawyers are distinguished by their depth of courtroom experience, appearing at all levels of the courts, before tribunals, and in mediation and arbitration proceedings. We're also known for our wealth of talent: Lenczner Slaght partners, ranked among the best of their peers nationally, recruit and mentor gifted litigators who uphold the highest professional standards. From commercial disputes and class actions to professional regulation and cross-border matters, we bring expert strategy to all areas of litigation.