Litigation AssociateNovember 25, 2019
LZW is a mid-sized boutique law Firm with commercial litigation, civil litigation, bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring, corporate/commercial and real estate practice areas.
The Firm is growing! LZW has an exciting opportunity for a Litigation Associate to join our busy and expanding litigation team.
LZW’s litigation team represents a broad range of financial institutions, private corporations, lenders, and debtors, as well as receivers and trustees in bankruptcy. We are looking for a talented and dynamic lawyer with extensive experience in commercial and civil litigation. Experience in Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring law would be considered a definite asset.
This position offers excellent opportunities for advancement and mentorship. Our ideal candidate will be highly client-service oriented, and will possess strong research, drafting and advocating skills.
Our Litigation Associate will be responsible for:
- Advocating for clients at all levels of Court in Ontario including the Court of Appeal, Divisional Court, and Superior Court of Justice. Experience in the specialized Commercial List and Bankruptcy courts would be an asset.
- Representing clients in matters relating to commercial litigation, security enforcement, insolvency litigation, and cross-border civil litigation.
- Litigating debtor/creditor disputes involving guarantees, fraud, transfers at undervalue, injunctive relief and bankruptcy disputes that intersect with Family Law.
- Handling complex files from intake to resolution with minimal guidance
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 6-10 years of experience in Canadian Commercial and Civil Litigation
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- LLB or JD from a recognized institution
- Team player with strong communication skills, adaptability, and ability to develop strong relationships with diverse clients.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a timely manner with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent client service and organizational skills.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jason Spetter, Managing Director at email@example.com.