Labour & Employment Lawyer (3-5 Years)September 21, 2021
Who we are:
Seabrook Workplace Law (SWL) is a forward-thinking labour and employment law firm founded by Samantha Seabrook. We are dedicated to practicing law in a happy and healthy environment where each person can come to work as their authentic self. Our tagline is “Good People. Good Work.” – it is a reflection of our firm and our clients.
We started as a virtual firm and we love working from home (with plenty of time together as a team, depending on COVID-19).
We know you are probably looking up our website right this second, so we apologize that the full site is not up. We have a brand new website coming soon! There are lots of exciting things happening at SWL, and we are looking for the perfect person to be part of our growth.
What you get:
The ability to develop and grow as a labour and employment lawyer in a supportive environment. SWL offers mentorship, guidance, and learning opportunities. We also support you to be entrepreneurial and engage with client development. You will have the opportunity to manage files from beginning to end with guidance and input from Samantha when needed.
We offer a competitive compensation package (and you can see your friends, family, and have a good balanced life, while earning it).
What you will do:
Your main responsibilities include, but are not limited to (<– Lawyers have to add that):
- Consultations with new clients;
- Carriage of both employee and management-side files;
- Policy and contract drafting;
- Examinations for discovery, motions, mediations, pre-trials and trial advocacy;
- Administrative tribunal advocacy (e.g. OLRB, HRTO, WSIAT)
- Conducting research into a variety of workplace law topics;
- Conducting and assisting with workplace investigations; and
- Supporting the firm with its business development initiatives.
How to apply:
Your application should include the following:
- Cover letter (addressed to Samantha Seabrook);
- Transcripts; and
- Writing Samples (e.g. memoranda, pleadings, opinions, investigation reports)
Please send your application to email@example.com. We wish we could speak with everyone, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thanks so much for reading our job posting! Please share it with anyone you think fits the bill.
SWL helps good people do good work by guiding businesses through workplace and labour issues. Our clients have a vision for their business, and we use our experience and expertise to help them create solid foundations to build the best workplaces. Our clients range from the business hiring its first employee, to large employers with thousands of employees. They all have one thing in common: they are good people, doing good work.