In-House Legal Counsel Job in Toronto, CanadaJune 25, 2019
In-House Legal Counsel Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client, GFL Environmental Inc., is the only major diversified environmental services company in North America. Headquartered in Vaughan, GFL is a highly successful and rapidly growing company with a young entrepreneurial management team, a proven track record of technology and operating efficiencies, and a commitment to further growth.
Job Description – Legal Counsel Job
GFL Environmental Inc. is seeking to add a Legal Counsel to its Head Office in Vaughan. The successful candidate will work with the General Counsel on acquisitions across Canada, as well as have responsibility for day-to-day legal requirements of the company.
Offering a competitive compensation package, this is an excellent opportunity for a business-minded lawyer seeking to join a fast-paced and team-oriented company that is poised for further success. This is a particularly unique chance to take on a high-volume transactional role in an in-house environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work alongside the General Counsel, and where appropriate, outside counsel, on the preparation of acquisition documentation and the completion of acquisitions across various jurisdictions in Canada.
- Perform legal due diligence on various acquisition targets under the supervision of the General Counsel.
- Provide practical, business-oriented advice to operations on day-to-day corporate commercial matters.
- Draft and review commercial agreements for various business and functional units.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-6 years of broad corporate and M&A experience.
- High-energy self-starter and a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
When you choose to work with The Counsel Network, you are aligning with Canada's most powerful, respected, connected and trusted lawyer recruitment firm. Our recruiters possess an unparalleled knowledge of the legal market and provide our clients with robust, compelling and always current analyses empowering them to make decisions based on their business objectives and recruitment needs. Our success in the Canadian market is rooted in our passion, our talent and our technology. We have earned our reputation of outstanding service and professionalism.