Andrew Salem Joins Cassels BrockFebruary 20, 2013
Andrew Salem is a partner in the Real Estate & Development Group at Cassels Brock, practising in the area of commercial real estate, land use planning and development law. He acts on a wide range of real estate matters, including acquisitions, sales, lending transactions and commercial leasing. Andrew also represents clients throughout Ontario on land use planning and development approvals and he regularly acts as real estate counsel in connection with major energy and infrastructure projects and transactions.
Andrews experience includes:
- Representing proponents, developers, investors, purchasers, lenders and landowners in connection with site acquisitions, land rights and regulatory approvals for wind, solar and hydro-electric power projects throughout Ontario
- Acting for over 11 years for a provincial government agency in connection with commercial real estate acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and land development matters
- Representing one of Canadas largest commercial developers in connection with its Ontario transactions and development projects
- Acting for a major national land conservation organization in connection with several property acquisitions and other real estate matters
- Representing property developers and other landowners on all aspects of land use planning and development approvals (official plan and zoning by-law amendments, plans of subdivision, severances, zoning variances and site plan approvals) including acting as counsel at the Ontario Municipal Board
Andrew was selected as a finalist for the 2010 Lexpert Rising Stars Leading Lawyers Under 40 awards. He is a member of the Board and Chair of the Governance Committee at the Dorothy Ley Hospice, a volunteer based community hospice in west Toronto. A lifelong soccer player, Andrew is a five-time participant on Canadian teams at Mundiavocat, the lawyers world cup of football, held every two years in Europe.
Ontario Bar Association (Real Property, Business Law and Municipal Law Sections)
National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
LL.M., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1999
LL.B., University of British Columbia, 1994
Ryerson University School of Urban and Regional Planning, 1989-1991
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLPhttp://www.cassels.com
Cassels is a Canadian law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of the country's most dynamic business sectors.
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice