How it Works
The Precedent A-List: job postings and career announcements exclusively for lawyers.
Have good news to share? Tell colleagues, in-house counsel and industry insiders about your latest lateral hires, new partners and new associates. Or congratulate firm members winning an award or being appointed to the bench. Looking to hire? Post your job on the A-List! Job posts are live for a one month (with the opportunity to renew).
Want to find out more? Check out our video below to learn all about the A-List!
Getting started on the A-List is quick and easy.
- Create an account. Visit our sign-up page to create an account.
- (Your firm/company may already have an account with us — if so, just select it from the drop-down menu.)
- To create a new account, just enter some quick information (name, website, description and logo) and you’ll be all set. This information will be featured alongside all of your posts.
- Purchase credits. Our credit system is cost-effective and easy to use. One credit entitles you to one post. Think you’ll need more than one? Save money by buying credits in bulk. Check out our credit pricing and packages below.
- Create your post. Posts are quick and easy to create. You’ll have the ability to save drafts of posts you want to work on later, preview your post and select the date you’d like it to go live.
Need help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 416-929-4495.
Not sure if your post belongs on the Precedent A-List? See our posting guidelines below.
We’ll get the word out
Once you’ve posted on the A-List, we’ll help spread your news.
- SEO. The Precedent A-List deploys top-notch SEO (search engine optimization) to send A-List posts to the top of search engine results (pushing down less desirable results).
- eNews. Your announcement or job post will be featured in our A-List eNewsletter which we send to our A-List eNews subscribers several times per month.
- Social Media. We’re kind of a big deal online. We’ve got lots of followers on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+ and we’ll be sharing your news with our extensive network.
Purchase a single credit (1 credit = 1 post on the A-List) or take advantage of our credit packages and save. Don’t worry, credits never expire.
- 1 credit: $325
- 5 credits: $1,250 ($250/post)
- 10 credits: $2,000 ($200/post)
The mandate of the Precedent A-List is to share timely and relevant news about career advancement and job opportunities for lawyers.
As such, here are some guidelines on the type of posts that are deemed appropriate for the Precedent A-List.
- Any announcement highlighting a lawyer’s individual achievement or advancement in the profession, including the announcement of:
- New associates
- New partners
- Lateral hires
- New managing partners
- Awards won
- Certified specialist achievements
- Any announcement highlighting a firm’s achievement or new initiative, including:
- The launch/introduction of a new product or service (re-launches of existing products or services will not be accepted)
- The introduction of a new firm (or firm merger) to the market
- Firm-wide awards won
Note: Any firm announcement that is perceived as advertising in nature (such as the promotion of an event, seminar, or physical good) will not be accepted
- Any job opportunity that seeks candidates who are qualified lawyers
Note: Postings for paralegals and other legal support staff will not be accepted
Still not sure if your announcement or job is right for the A-List? Get in touch with us. We’re happy to discuss.
Law and Style Media Inc. reserves the right at our discretion to refuse any announcement or job post that does not fit within the above guidelines. In the event that we determine a post is not appropriate for the site, we will get in touch with the account holder responsible for the post to discuss the action and will refund or replace credits as required.
Need help? Have questions? Just want to chat? Get in touch with us at:
email@example.com or 416-929-4495