Cassels Brock Announces Deepak Gill as a New PartnerApril 8, 2015
Cassels Brock is proud to announce that Deepak Gill has become a Partner of the firm.
As part of the Securities Group at Cassels Brock, Deepak’s practice is focused on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. He advises public and private companies on general corporate and securities law issues, including corporate governance, strategic corporate development, capital market regulatory compliance, continuous disclosure obligations and stock exchange listings.
Deepak’s transactional experience includes domestic and international public and private company financings, mergers and acquisitions, takeover bids, statutory plans of arrangement, asset purchases and sales and corporate reorganizations. He is also active in promoting the Canada–Asia-Pacific trade bridge and has advised domestic and international clients in this regard.
Deepak’s corporate finance experience includes representing:
- A REIT on a $66 million bought deal offering of stapled units
- Sarama Resources Ltd. on its $12 million bought offering of units
- Underwriters on a $45 million bought deal private placement
- Underwriters on a $20 million bought deal offering
- Prophecy Platinum Corp. on its non-brokered private placement of flow-through shares
His mergers and acquisitions experience includes representing:
- A public mining company on a successful friendly take-over bid and unsolicited take-over bid
- A public mining company in respect of an asset sale
- A public mining company in connection with a $2.5 billion acquisition by way of plan of arrangement
- A public mining company on its $575 million merger
Deepak completed a judicial clerkship at the federal Tax Court of Canada following graduation from law school and was an associate in the Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions Group at another major Canadian firm prior to joining Cassels Brock.
To learn more about Deepak, please visit http://www.casselsbrock.com/People/Deepak_Gill.
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
University of British Columbia
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice