Cassels Brock Announces Jamie Firsten as a New PartnerApril 8, 2015
Cassels Brock is proud to announce that Jamie Firsten has become a Partner of the firm.
Jamie’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial law. He is also involved in private equity, venture financing, and merger and acquisition transactions involving both public and private companies. Jamie advises clients in a wide range of industries including information technology, media, hospitality, manufacturing and industrial, retail and natural resources.
Jamie has experience working with clients on the incorporation, organization and financing of companies, and in drafting shareholder, partnership, and joint venture agreements as well as a variety of commercial agreements.
He has worked on a variety of significant transactions, in the areas of information technology and media, including:
- Acted for Xtreme Labs in its acquisition by GoPivotal Inc.
- Acted for Extreme Venture Partners Fund I LP in connection with its fund formation and portfolio investments
- Acted for Momentum Advanced Solutions and the buying group in Momentum’s privatization
- Acted for Klass Capital in its investment in Method, the number one-rated CRM application
- Acted for Klass Capital in its financing of 360incentives.com
- Acted for EcoSynthetix Inc. in its $100 million initial public offering
- Acted for Maxam Opportunities Fund LP in connection with Radiant Communications’ going-private transaction
Jamie also has extensive experience in the area of hospitality and food and beverage. A few of his most recent transactions in the area include:
- Acted for the purchasers in the $850 million acquisition of five Westin Hotel properties across Canada
- Acted as counsel for Chase Hospitality Group in connection with The Chase and The Chase Fish & Oyster
- Acted for Hotel 550 Wellington LP in its acquisition of the recently opened Thompson Toronto Hotel
- Acted for Leisureworld Senior Care Corporation in its $89 million acquisition of two luxury retirement residences
- Acted for the purchaser of two high-profile hotel chains
- Acted as counsel for Rabba Fine Foods in various commercial matters
Jamie’s experience in general corporate M&A includes:
- Acted for Plant Products Co. Ltd. in the sale of its specialty fertilizer manufacturing business to Master Plant-Prod Inc. and the sale of its Canadian distribution business to MGS Horticultural Inc.
- Acted for Transamerican Auto Parts in its acquisition of National 4 Wheel Drive Centres
- Acted for CF Industries Holdings Inc. in its agreement to acquire Viterra’s interest in Canadian Fertilizers Limited.
- Acted for Goldcorp Inc. in its sale of the San Dimas gold-silver mine in Mexico to Primero Mining Corp.
- Acted for Goldcorp Inc. in its $505 million sale of its Escobal Silver Deposit
- Sale of two prominent BMW dealerships in the GTA
Jamie was both a summer and articling student at Cassels Brock, and he is the Co-Chair of the firm’s Student Committee.
To learn more about Jamie, please visit http://www.casselsbrock.com/People/Jamie_Firsten.
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
University of Windsor
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice