Cassels Brock Announces Larry Ellis as a New PartnerApril 8, 2015
Cassels Brock is proud to announce that Larry Ellis has become a Partner of the firm.
Larry is a key member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Group at Cassels Brock. He has extensive experience in both the litigation and commercial aspects of corporate restructurings, bankruptcies, receiverships, work-outs and enforcement of creditors’ rights and remedies. Larry represents a number of different parties, including purchasers, secured and unsecured creditors, receivers, debtors, monitors, trustees and lending syndicates.
Larry’s experience includes:
- Representing Hilco (UK) Ltd. in its purchase of $130 million of the Kraus Group’s debt and security from three secured lenders
- Acting for court appointed receivers/officers in the following recent matters: Delta Graphics, Triwest Construction, True Bend Tobacco and Connex See Services
- Representing Home Trust Company in relation to the ongoing Canadian restructuring of Blockbuster Canada Co.
- Representing the Board of the United Kingdom Pension Protection Fund and the Trustees for the Nortel Networks UK Pension Trust Limited in the multibillion dollar restructuring of Nortel Networks Limited
- Representing Kobe Steel Limited, one of Japan’s most significant industrial concerns, in the reorganization proceedings of Newfoundland and Labrador Refining Corporation, one of the largest oil refineries ever to be constructed in Eastern North America
- Representing original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and other auto makers in various proceedings, including CCAA’s, court-appointed receiverships and private receiverships
- Representing OEM’s and tier one part suppliers in numerous troubled supplier cases
- Representing accounting firms, acting in their capacity as court-appointed receivers
- Representing accounting firms, acting in their capacity as trustees in bankruptcy
- Representing the administrator of the registered pension plans of the world’s largest independent designer and manufacturer of driver control systems in their CCAA restructuring
- Representing and assisting in the representation of corporations involved in CCAA and BIA restructurings, including a manufacturer of specialized paper for publishing, packaging and commercial printing as well as a leading food and beverage company
Larry is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, INSOL International, the Turnaround Management Association, the Insolvency Law Section of the Ontario Bar Association, the Toronto Lawyers Association, the Canadian Insolvency Foundation and the Canadian Bar Association. He is scheduled to be an instructor at the University of Toronto’s Law School bar preparation course. Larry is the Program Chair for the III NextGen Leadership Program Class I Program (a program designed to enhance the Next Generation of leading insolvency professionals’ understanding of international insolvencies and restructurings) running in conjunction with the 12th Annual Insolvency Conference in Paris, France.
To learn more about Larry, please visit http://www.casselsbrock.com/People/Larry_Ellis.
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Osgoode Hall Law School
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice
Bankruptcy & Insolvency