Cassels Brocks Newest Partner: Jay F. KingApril 25, 2012
Cassels Brock is proud to announce that Jay F. King has been admitted to the firms partnership.
As a member of the Securities Group, Jays practice focuses on corporate finance, M&A and regulatory compliance, including corporate governance, continuous disclosure and Canadian stock exchange related matters. He has developed specialized skills in the mining sector, and also represents clients in the aviation, real estate and technology sectors. Jay routinely acts as counsel to both public and private issuers and investment banks.
Jay has worked on a number of significant M&A and financing transactions, including:
- Representing the special committee of Consolidated Thompson Iron Mines in its $4.9B acquisition by Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.
- Representing Silver Wheaton Corp. in its $190M acquisition of Silverstone Resources Corp.
- Representing Katanga Mining Limited in its approximately US$2.7B take-over of Nikanor Plc
- Representing Katanga Mining Limited in its defence of a hostile take-over bid by Central African Mining Exploration Plc
- Representing Goldcorp Inc. in its acquisition of assets of Placer Dome from Barrick Gold
- Representing Blue Pearl Mining (now Thompson Creek) in its US$575M acquisition of Thomson Creek Metals Company
- Representing Lundin Petroleum in its US$700M acquisition of Valkyries Petroleum
- Representing Dundee Precious Metals, a major shareholder of Goldbelt Resources Ltd., in connection with the approximately $118M take-over bid by Wega Mining of Goldbelt Resources Ltd.
- Acting for the underwriting syndicate in a $34.5M bought deal financing by Auryx Gold Corp.
- Representing Katanga Mining Limited in its US$250M rights offering, US$265.3M exchangeable credit facility and US$50M bridge loan
- Acting for Consolidated Thompson Iron Mines Limited in its US$230M convertible debenture financing
- Representing Yamana Gold Inc. in a $135M bought deal financing
- Acting for the underwriting syndicate in a $51.6M bought deal financing by Carpathian Gold Inc.
- Representing the underwriting syndicate in two bought deal financings by Denison Mines for aggregate proceeds of approximately $56M
- Representing the underwriting syndicate in two bought deal financings by Red Back Mining Inc. for aggregate proceeds of approximately $225M
- Representing Phoenix Coal Inc. in its reverse take-over of Marimba Capital Corp. and concurrent public financing of approximately $100M
- Representing the underwriting syndicate in a $73M bought deal financing of Aecon Group Inc.
- Representing Cargojet Income Fund in its $35M convertible debenture financing
For more information on Jay, please visit: http://www.casselsbrock.com/People/Jay_F___King
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLPhttp://www.cassels.com
Cassels is a Canadian law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of the country's most dynamic business sectors.
Jay F. King
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
University of Windsor
Area Of Practice