Fogler, Rubinoff LLP Congratulates New Partner Jared SchwartzJanuary 18, 2019
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is pleased to announce that Jared Schwartz has joined the firm’s partnership. Jared is a member of the firm’s Health Law, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Groups. His practice focuses on health and administrative law as well as civil litigation, including:
- Representing health professionals, including physicians, pharmacists, physiotherapists and audiologists in regulatory matters before the various governing Colleges in relation to discipline matters, complaints, investigations, registration issues and other matters under Ontario’s Regulated Health Professions Act and Health Professions Procedural Code;
- Representing medical residents with issues related to registration and training; Advising organizations and individuals practicing under Ontario’s various primary health care models in relation to association and cost-sharing agreements, privacy issues and electronic medical record (EMR) transfers and splits;
- Advising physicians on privileging matters under the Public Hospitals Act;
- Acting as counsel to registered vendors to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s Assistive Devices Program;
- Providing legal and strategic advice to healthcare technology start-ups and entrepreneurs;
- Representing family members in a contested guardianship application under the Substitute Decisions Act;
- Acting as counsel to licensees under the Retirement Homes Act, 2010;
- Providing regulatory advice to individuals and businesses in connection with the establishment and structuring of medical clinics;
- Acting as counsel to a participant in the Long-Term Care Homes Public Inquiry, which is inquiring into the events which led to the offences committed by Elizabeth Wettlaufer; and
- Representing plaintiffs in medical malpractice litigation.
Jared has negotiated the settlement of a range of disputes, and has appeared as counsel before a variety of courts and tribunals in Ontario, including the Superior Court of Justice, the Divisional Court, the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board, the Financial Services Commission, the Licence Appeal Tribunal, the Discipline Committees of various health profession Colleges, various academic tribunals and a Commission of Inquiry.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLPwww.foglers.com
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is a full service law firm, characterized by resourcefulness, creativity and energy, offering its clients a wide range of services and expertise in all areas of business law. At Fogler, Rubinoff, we believe that making a difference begins with trust. Experience and sound judgement earn it. Client relationships are built on it. Results keep it. For more information, please visit our website at: foglers.com.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP
University of Western Ontario
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice