Goldman Sloan Nash & Haber LLP Welcomes Associate Maurizio ArtaleFebruary 9, 2016
Maurizio graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School and was called to the Bar in June 2013. He received his Honours B.A. in Economics from the University of Toronto and a Masters Degree in Political Science from the University of Guelph. Prior to law school, Maurizio worked in the new home construction industry and as a business development officer for the federal government.
Maurizio completed his articles with the Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Company (LAWPRO®) where he gained experience working in insurance defence litigation, and with real estate related claims under LAWPRO’s TitlePLUS title insurance program. Following his articles, he worked at a construction boutique firm in Toronto before joining GSNH LLP, where he had carriage of construction lien, breach of trust, contract dispute, delay, and general commercial litigation files. He has acted for project owners, project managers, general contractors, trades and suppliers on construction and commercial related disputes.
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented owners, general contractors, subcontractors, project managers, and suppliers in lien and breach of trust actions
- Represented trades and suppliers in breach of contract and collection actions
- Represented contractor and subcontractor lien claimants in insolvency proceedings
- Represented contractors and project managers in negligence proceedings
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association (Construction Law)
- Advocates Society
- Canadian Italian Advocates Association
Motorcycle riding, league ball hockey, weight training, skiing and soccer.
GSNH LLP is a Toronto law firm providing advice across all major practice areas including real estate and commercial leasing, banking & financial services, insolvency & restructuring, construction, corporate / commercial, franchise, insurance, intellectual property, litigation & dispute resolution and wills & estates. Please visit us online, on Twitter at: @GSNH_Law or on LinkedIn.
Osgoode Hall Law School
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice