Kristin Taylor Joins Cassels BrockDecember 5, 2012
Kristin is a partner in the Employment & Labour Group at Cassels Brock. She provides practical and strategic advice to employers on a wide range of employment matters including employee hiring, discipline and termination; severance packages; corporate restructuring; employment agreements and personnel policies; certification applications; privacy and AODA compliance; and employment standards and human rights issues. Kristin regularly represents employers in court in wrongful dismissal actions, restrictive covenant disputes and injunctions; in grievance arbitrations, in collective bargaining and before various administrative tribunals, including the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, and labour relations boards. She also conducts supervisory development and harassment prevention training to prevent workplace disputes.
Kristins experience includes:
- CAW-Canada v. Christian Horizons, 2012 CanLII 29606 (ON LRB)
- Senathirajah v. State Street Bank and Trust Company Canada Branch , unrep. (Abramsky)
- Angoss Software Corp. v. Scott and Lattice Engines Inc., , unrep. (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Mon Sheong Home for the Aged v. ONA, 2011, CanLII 9350 (ON CA) as employer nominee
- Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union, Local 914 v. Clean Harbors Canada, Inc., 2011 (Goodfellow) and 2009 CanLII 59487 (Albertyn)
- Chrabalowski v. BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc., 2011 ONSC 3392 (CanLII)
- Strongco Inc. and National Automobile, Aerospace and General Workers Union of Canada (CAW-Canada), Local Union 252 (2010), 197 L.A.C. (4th) 440 (Armstrong)
- Acting as counsel to the management shareholders of Pareto Corporation with respect to its acquisition by private equity firm The Riverside Company for $125 million by way of plan of arrangement
- Cote v. Bruce Edmeades, 2010 HRTO 1803
- Teamsters, Local 419 v. Clean Harbors Canada, Inc.,  O.L.A.A. no. 254 (Davie)
- Stephens v. Bank of Montreal,  C/L/A/D/ No. 210 (Marvy)
- Counsel to Cascades Inc. on its $60 million acquisition of the tissue division assets of Atlantic Packaging Products Ltd.
- Teamsters Local Union No. 419 v. Martin-Brower of Canada Co., 2009 CanLII 6090 (Slotnick) and 2005 CanLll 71015 (Albertyn)
- Simmons Canada Inc. v. CAW-Canada Local 513,  unrep. (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Acting as counsel to Bruce Edmeades Co. and Martin-Brower of Canada Co. on the $10 million acquisition of Bruce Edmeades Co. by Colabor Income Fund
- Acting as counsel to Lifetime Fitness, Inc., a publicly traded corporation (NYSE) having approximately 13,000 employees in the United States, in connection with its expansion into Canada
- United Food and Commercial Workers Canada, Local 1000A v. Power Packaging Co.,  O.L.A.A. No. 291 (Nairn)
- United Steelworkers of America v. Genfast Manufacturing Co.,  O.L.A.A. No. 56 (H.D. Brown), No. 63 (Newman) and No. 722 (Kennedy) and  O.L.A.A. 843 (Brandt)
- Teamsters International Union v. Directors Guild, Canadian Film and Television Association,  O.J. No. 5097 (Div. Ct.)
- Onward Multi-Corp Inc. v. Rau,  unrep. (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Alfresh Beverages Canada Corp. v. Kanary and Lassonde Industries Inc.,  unrep. (Ont. S.C.J.
- Future Electronics Inc. v. Scarfone and Insight Canada Inc.,  O.J. No. 3949 (S.C.J)
Kristin is a former Editor-in-Chief of the monthly CCH publication, Canadian Employment & Equality Rights, specializing in recent developments in human rights law (2000 to 2010).
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLPhttp://www.cassels.com
Cassels is a Canadian law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of the country's most dynamic business sectors.
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Osgoode Hall Law School
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice