Counter Tax Litigators Launches NewLaw PodcastMarch 1, 2016
The Building NewLaw Podcast (“BNL”) is a new podcast that features interviews with lawyers, legal technologists, and other like-minded people that are creating new ways to deliver and receive legal services. BNL is available on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, and the Building NewLaw website.
We are going to fix the practice of law
The legal industry has long avoided a people-centric approach and has failed to leverage technology to deliver clients better legal services and results. It has neglected clients’ needs. It has neglected how business-minded lawyers want to deliver legal services. The legal industry has earned its reputation as hierarchical, inefficient, unimaginative, and dull. Although it’s been a long time, change is coming. NewLaw is that change.
NewLaw is any model, process, or tool that creates a new approach to legal services. Also, we believe that NewLaw is a mindset. It is “perpetual beta”. Our firm embraced the NewLaw approach long before we knew that NewLaw was a thing. We are a group of tax lawyers, legal professionals, mathematicians, and technologists working to figure out a better way to do everything. We have fun doing it. And we know that other lawyers and like-minded people are doing it too. Challenging the status quo and building something new is hard. We believe that connecting the NewLaw community will make us all better, faster, and stronger.
NewLaw is Better, Faster & Stronger
We launched BNL to connect the NewLaw community so that we can share, learn, and gain inspiration. We believe that, together, we can create the new legal industry standard.
We did not launch BNL to persuade anyone that we need to change the practice of law. If you need convincing – if you don’t see it – BNL is not for you. If you are interested in using NewLaw as a marketing tool to sell the same legal services, BNL is not for you.
BNL is dedicated to law firms committed to rethinking legal services and taking action to implement change. BNL is dedicated to lawyers that want to be better. It is dedicated to lawyers that want to analyze and improve legal services, and see the opportunities. With this in mind, we’ve kicked the podcast off with a few NewLaw changemakers that we respect:
- Episode One: Peter Aprile (Counter Tax Litigators) and Natalie Worsfold (Counter Tax Litigators) – Welcome to Building NewLaw
- Episode Two: Morgan Borins (formerly Cognition LLP, now Caravel Law & Axiom) – Ask Your Client Questions & Build the Solution
- Episode Three: Erin Cowling (Flex Legal Network) – Freelance Lawyering & The Unlaw Firm
- Episode Four: George Beaton (Beaton Research + Consulting) – Remaking Law Firms (Part 1)
Fired up! & Ready to go?
Here’s where you can learn more:
- Visit BuildingNewLaw.ca to sign up to receive BNL announcements, show notes and more.
- Subscribe to BNL on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast or wherever else you get your podcasts.
- Follow @BuildingNewLaw on Twitter or LinkedIn to be a part of the conversation.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, if would like to be a podcast guest, or if you just want to connect.
Counter is a Toronto-based law firm that specializes in resolving tax controversies across Canada. Canada’s leading privately-owned companies and high-net-worth individuals trust us to deliver superior outcomes and clarity along the way. Our leading tax litigators use our tax dispute systems for better results. Our framework boosts our lawyers’ expertise, making our service offer unique. Although the framework’s purpose is to increase competency and clarity, it results in efficiency gains too. Managing complexity and risk is essential to achieve exceptional results when dealing with a tax dispute. Together, our people and expert systems amplify our teams’ and clients’ capabilities, leading to more effective collaboration and better results.