Peter Sullivan Joins Cassels BrockOctober 11, 2011
Cassels Brock is pleased to announce that Peter Sullivan has joined the firm as an associate in the Financial Services Group. His practice focuses primarily on debt financing transactions, acting for both lenders and borrowers involved in domestic and cross-border financing transactions and corporate reorganizations.
Peter has considerable experience in negotiating and documenting syndicated loans, project financing, acquisition financing, asset-based financing, securitizations and subordinated debt arrangements.
Some notable transactions in which Peter has been involved include:
- Acted as counsel to a limited partnership in its $120 million+ financing of the construction of a wind farm in Nova Scotia
- Acted as counsel to the lead lender and administrative agent for a $480 million syndicated financing of a major Atlantic based construction company
- Acted as lead counsel to the lead lender for a $50 million+ construction, revolving and term financing of casino construction project undertaken by a limited partnership
- Acted as lead counsel to the vendors on a $10 million share sale of a remote access group of companies to a US-based competitor
- Acted as local counsel to the lender for the financing and securitization of a $50 million property mortgage of a major national real estate holding company
- Acted as local counsel for lender/investor on the borrowers $13 million share acquisition of several Atlantic Province cleaning and maintenance companies and subsequent multi-stage re-organization
- Acted as lead counsel for the vendor of shares a Nova Scotia wind farm operation
Peter is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Law Society of Upper Canada and the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society. He holds a Bachelor of Arts from St. Thomas University and obtained his LL.B. from Dalhousie University.
Peter’s Community Activities Include:
- Part-time faculty member at the Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University
- Team Diabetes Canada, Canadian Diabetes Association Rome Marathon Participant (2011)
- Co-founder of the annual Legal Who? Masquerade and Silent Auction in support of Legal Aid
- Legal Board Member and Past Chair – Dalhousie Legal Aid Board of Trustees
- Elected the President for Life of his 2004 Dalhousie Law School graduating class
- Involved in various other community activities and organizations and is an active participant in numerous athletic activities
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLPhttp://www.cassels.com
Cassels is a Canadian law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of the country's most dynamic business sectors.
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice
Banking & Finance