Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP Welcomes Ashley Richards as PartnerJanuary 13, 2017
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP is pleased to announce Ashley Richards has become a Partner of the firm.
Ashley Richards joined Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP in 2012 after practicing corporate and commercial litigation for six years, including specializing in product liability litigation and class action defence, with two Bay Street firms in Toronto. Ashley has diverse litigation experience representing clients in contract disputes, negligence claims, class actions and insurance related matters. Ashley was part of the defence counsel team for the first product liability class action trial in Canada. She has appeared before the Ontario Superior Court and the Ontario Court of Appeal.
Ashley’s practice at the firm focuses on representing clients in insurance coverage, tort defence, educational malpractice, and commercial litigation matters. She has experience with claims relating to personal injury, construction, product liability, professional liability, as well as insurance coverage and bad faith litigation.
A selection of Ashley’s recent coverage work includes:
- Providing policyholders and insurers with advice on insurance coverage for construction defect claims under Commercial General Liability policies, Course of Construction policies and Builders Risk policies.
- Providing insurers with advice on insurance coverage for unique claims under Homeowner’s policies and Auto policies.
- Providing policyholders and insurers with advice on bad faith claims.
- Defending coverage disputes including fire losses, water losses and environmental contamination.
A selection of Ashley’s recent defence work includes:
- Defending institutional negligence claims including the failure to educate, breach of fiduciary duty and the tort of conspiracy.
- Defending personal injury claims related to motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, fitness classes and aesthetic services.
- Defending professional liability claims in respect of professors and nurses.
- Counsel in subrogated claims relating to oil contamination, fire losses and water losses.
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLPwww.tgplawyers.com
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP is a preeminent litigation law firm focusing on complex insurance disputes. The firm represents insurance companies in the defence of significant claims and provides insurance coverage advice to insurers corporate policyholders.
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP
University of Western Ontario
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice