Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP Welcomes Chris McCormack as PartnerJanuary 13, 2022
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP is pleased to announce Chris McCormack has become a Partner of the firm.
Areas of Practice & Experience
Chris McCormack joined Thomas Gold Pettingill after articling. His practice is focused in the area of statutory accident benefits claims (including priority and loss transfer disputes) and the defence of personal injury claims. Chris has successfully appeared before the Superior Court of Justice, the Licence Appeal Tribunal, the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, and in Small Claims Court.
- Travelers Insurance Company of Canada v. Joan Matich, LAT 19-008573/AABS (Adjudicator Grant, June 10, 2021) – Obtained an order for repayment of income replacement benefits.
- M.L. v. The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company, Reconsideration Decision, LAT 19-0116699/AABS (Vice-Chair McGee, December 23, 2020) – Claimant’s request for reconsideration denied
- M.L. v. The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company, LAT 19-0116699/AABS (Vice-Chair McGee, October 9, 2020) – Successful on all preliminary issues (claimant found to be barred from proceeding with her claim for 10 benefits for failure to commence a proceeding within two years of the insurer’s refusal to pay the amount claimed)
- H.M. v. The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company (Travelers), LAT 19-001752/AABS (Adjudicator Grant, April 29, 2020) – Successfully defended a claim for non-earner benefits and psychological treatment.
- Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company (Travelers) v. A.S., LAT 18-000350/AABS (Adjudicator Kepman, March 15, 2019) – Obtained an order for repayment of income replacement benefits.
- D.S. v. Travelers, LAT 17-001522/AABS (Adjudicator Ferguson, September 24, 2018) – Successfully defended a claim for medical/rehabilitation benefits.
- Applicant v. ACE INA Insurance, LAT 17-001422/AABS (Adjudicator Treksler, November 15, 2017) – Successfully defended a claim for medical/rehabilitation benefits and a special award. Obtained an order for repayment of income replacement benefits.
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP is a preeminent litigation law firm focusing on complex insurance disputes. The firm represents insurance companies in the defence of significant claims and provides insurance coverage advice to insurers corporate policyholders.
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP
Osgoode Hall Law School
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice