Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP Welcomes Joshua Thon as PartnerJanuary 24, 2018
Joshua works tirelessly to resolve complex civil and commercial matters for his clients. His practice focuses on insurance litigation, which extends to a wide variety of claims, including: property, motor vehicle, professional negligence, construction, environmental, product liability, municipal, libel and slander, social host and privacy. He has represented clients and conducted trials at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and at the Small Claims Court.
Prior to joining Thomas Gold Pettingill, Joshua served as a judicial law clerk for the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, researching case law for the judiciary and drafting bench memoranda for the Divisional Court.
A selection of Joshua’s recent work includes:
- Defending property and motor vehicle claims
- Defending professional negligence claims against engineers and various construction trades
- Defending environmental contamination claims
- Defending product liability claims
- Defending municipal claims
- Defending social host liability claims
- Providing legal opinions on privacy law issues
- Defending subrogated claims related to fire and water losses
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP is a preeminent litigation law firm focusing on complex insurance disputes. The firm represents insurance companies in the defence of significant claims and provides insurance coverage advice to insurers corporate policyholders.
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP
University of Toronto
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice