Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP Welcomes Sarah Jones as PartnerJanuary 13, 2017
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP is pleased to announce Sarah Jones has become a Partner of the firm.
Sarah is focused on representing clients in commercial litigation and tort defence matters.
Sarah has experience defending complex insurance matters involving failure to educate, occupier’s liability, construction liability, product liability, professional negligence, and motor vehicle insurance claims. Sarah has also represented a number of insurers in affirmative litigation cases seeking to collect damages for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, and conspiracy relating to the submission of false claims documents and invoices. Sarah has successfully represented clients before the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, and in private arbitrations.
A selection of Sarah’s recent work includes:
- Defending numerous Ontario universities in actions involving failure to educate, defamation, breach of contract, and negligence claims.
- Defending professional liability claims in respect of professors, residency students, and nurses.
- Defending institutional clients in the area of vicarious liability for various torts, including sexual abuse and harassment.
- Acting for a number of insurers in affirmative litigation cases involving fraud and in the defence of fraudulent insurance claims.
- Defending clients in claims involving defective design and negligence.
- Defending personal injury claims related to motor vehicle accidents and slip and falls.
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP is a preeminent litigation law firm focusing on complex insurance disputes. The firm represents insurance companies in the defence of significant claims and provides insurance coverage advice to insurers corporate policyholders.
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice