Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP Welcomes Sean Murtha as PartnerJanuary 24, 2018
Sean joined Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP after practicing in the field of insurance defence litigation at a prominent Bay Street Firm. Sean’s diverse practice at the firm includes defending complex insurance matters involving failure to educate, occupiers’ liability, sports liability, product liability, professional negligence, and motor vehicle insurance claims. Sean also regularly represents insurers in affirmative litigation cases, seeking to collect damages for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation and conspiracy relating to the submission of false claims documents and invoices. Sean has represented clients before the Superior Court, the Divisional Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
A selection of Sean’s recent work includes:
- Defending institutional negligence claims, including the failure to educate, breach of fiduciary duty and the tort of conspiracy;
- Defending both institutional and individual clients in defamation actions;
- Defending institutional clients in the area of vicarious liability for various claims, including sexual abuse and harassment;
- Defending physical fitness clubs/personal trainers with respect to claims arising out of sports injuries; and
- Defending personal injury claims related to motor vehicle accidents and slip/trip and fall accidents.
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLPwww.tgplawyers.com
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP is a preeminent litigation law firm focusing on complex insurance disputes. The firm represents insurance companies in the defence of significant claims and provides insurance coverage advice to insurers corporate policyholders.
Thomas Gold Pettingill LLP
University of Ottawa
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice