KIK Consumer Products - Senior IP CounselJanuary 10, 2022
Our client, KIK Consumer Products, is seeking an Intellectual Property Lawyer with 5 to 10 years of post-Call experience to manage the company’s extensive IP portfolio.
KIK Consumer Products is one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer products, with major positions in the multi-billion dollar household, pool and auto categories and with operations in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. It has a brand portfolio of over 40 brands including: Spic and Span®, Comet®, Hertel® and La Parisienne® cleaning products; Clorox® Pool&Spa™ (under license), Pool Time® and Pool Essentials®, BioGuard® and Natural Chemistry® pool chemicals; and Prestone® and Holts® automotive performance chemicals. It is also the #1 producer in North America for store-brand (“private label”) bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products.
The Senior IP Counsel will be responsible for providing legal advice on a broad range of complex legal and regulatory matters related to intellectual property, marketing, advertising, and privacy. The successful incumbent will also support the business in its related compliance efforts and draft, review and negotiate agreements and contracts related to client facing materials, and provide sound legal risk analysis in relation to compliance and legal processes.
- Support to the General Counsel and Secretary by providing strategic legal and compliance advice and services to clients, particularly with an emphasis on the intellectual property portfolio
- Negotiate, revise and review a range of intellectual property, general commercial, marketing, advertising and privacy documents in relation to various transactions, including identifying risks
- Manage the intellectual property portfolio, including the management of any legal team members assigned to the intellectual property portfolio
- Maintain current knowledge of the law, specific to the areas of intellectual property, marketing, advertising and privacy
- Recommend areas of improvement for consistency with market practices and assist in the design of legal advice strategies and approaches for the department
- Ensure that the policy framework and related practices in place are adequate
Qualifications & Skills Requirements
- LL.B or JD from a recognized law school
- Membership in good standing with the Law society of Ontario
- 5 to 10 years of post-qualification practice developing expert knowledge as either in-house counsel or with a well-recognized law firm, focusing on IP, advertising and marketing and regulatory compliance ( Health Canada, FDA, FTC )
- Strong client skills, the ability to work autonomously on projects, flexibility to adapt to changes and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective and concise communications in a variety of formats and venues to a wide audience
Please submit all applications to email@example.com. Any submissions made directly to KIK will be redirected to Branion Williams.