Legal Counsel - Carbon Streaming Corporation (3 to 5 Years)January 11, 2022
Our client, Carbon Streaming Corporation (NEO:NETZ), is currently seeking a pragmatic and knowledgeable corporate associate with three to five years of corporate/commercial and securities law experience, gained from a leading law firm, to join its legal team. Candidates need to be licensed to practice law, preferably in Canada, although international experience will also be considered. Transactional and industry experience is also an asset, as is experience in the reporting cycle of a public company.
Carbon Streaming Corporation is a unique ESG principled investment vehicle offering investors exposure to carbon credits, a key instrument used by both governments and corporations to achieve their carbon neutral and net-zero climate goals. Our business model is focused on acquiring, managing and growing a high-quality and diversified portfolio of investments in projects and/or companies that generate or are actively involved, directly or indirectly, with voluntary and/or compliance carbon credits.
Supporting the legal team and management on a broad range of legal matters, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the legal team on a broad range of legal matters, including: carbon stream transactions, sales contracts, commercial contracts, general corporate law, securities law matters, corporate governance, litigation and compliance;
- Keeping abreast of and advising on corporate/securities law developments as well as developments in the voluntary/compliance carbon markets;
- Assisting with public company reporting requirements and meetings, including its annual information form, management discussion & analysis and annual shareholder meeting;
- Working with Investor Relations to review corporate presentations and press releases;
- Assisting with the administration of corporate policies/procedures and compliance program;
- Supporting General Counsel on matters relating to the Board of Directors and Board Committees; and
- Managing external counsel in various jurisdictions; assisting with management of overall legal budget and finding efficiencies.
Geographic location in Canada is flexible, with a preference for GTA or Vancouver based candidate
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted to Carbon Streaming Corporation will be redirected to Branion Williams Recruiting Inc.