Associate Legal Counsel (12 Month Contract)July 12, 2019
The Associate Legal Counsel (Contract) will play an important role in responding to the exciting challenges the team faces daily. The incumbent will have the opportunity to demonstrate sound legal judgment, the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, and the confidence to communicate at all levels. To succeed in this role you’ll need enthusiasm and an open and curious attitude.
- Supporting the preparation of legal documents, correspondence and regulatory filings.
- Assisting with corporate governance including record keeping, filing and maintenance of organized and current internal documentation.
- Conducting legal research as required in support of the team and objectives of the organization.
- Assisting with revisions and review of contracts and legal documents in various jurisdictions.
- Demonstrate eagerness to learn about privacy law, advertising & marketing law, and intellectual property and travel law in Canada and internationally. Experience in these areas would be an asset.
- 1-3 years’ corporate law experience in firm or in a sophisticated in house environment.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) or Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree.
- Member in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Superior communication skills; able to speak confidently at all levels and willing to constructively challenge others in the best interests of the organization.
- Excellent analysis and research skills coupled with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and priorities appropriately.
- Experience in or eagerness to learn about privacy law, advertising & marketing law, and intellectual property and travel law in Canada and internationally.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, with adaptability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- A collaborative team player, yet also self-motivated and able to work independently.
- UK legal experience or credentials an asset, but not required.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Identification with the G Adventures Core Values.
Please apply directly at this link.
We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
***QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST HOLD APPROPRIATE CITIZENSHIP OR DOCUMENTS PERMITTING THEM TO RESIDE AND WORK IN CANADA***
G Adventures is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
In search of your next adventure? G Adventures is the number one small group adventure travel company in the world. G Adventures has been globally recognized for its amazing workplace culture. We’re one of Great Places to Work’s 2017 Best Workplaces in Canada and Best Workplaces for Women in Canada. We are focused on sustainable and responsible travel. Everything we do globally reflects our core values. This is more than just a job. You will be part of something bigger than yourself and have the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the planet and its people.