Construction AssociateMay 16, 2023
Lenczner Slaght is widely recognized as Canada’s leading litigation firm. Focusing exclusively on litigation and advocacy, our lawyers represent clients in a diverse range of cases from commercial disputes, construction litigation, class actions to cross-border matters and professional regulation.
We draw upon our firm’s extensive courtroom experience as we represent clients in a wide range of matters and practice areas in proceedings before all levels of Canadian courts. Lenczner Slaght’s lawyers have deep experience in all aspects of litigation.
We are currently seeking a Construction Associate qualified to practice law in Ontario with 2-4 years of litigation experience.
- Interest, expertise and demonstrated previous experience in Construction and Infrastructure Litigation
- Very good understanding of construction industry and practices
- Familiarity with lien claims and procedure
- Exposure to Real Estate Litigation is also an asset, but not required
- Ability to manage large files and work effectively in a larger team
- Exceptional time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent judgment
- Client centered approach with commitment to providing outstanding service
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and as part of a team
Lenczner Slaght offers the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of Canada’s most highly regarded litigators. Associates develop their advocacy skills by getting as much experience as possible in the courtroom acting for a diverse array of clients.
We are known for our wealth of talent: Lenczner Slaght partners are ranked among the best of their peers nationally and lead a mentoring and development program that attracts gifted lawyers who are committed to upholding the highest professional standards.
Applications should be addressed to Kyle Magee, Senior Manager Student Programs and Professional Development. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, résumé and transcripts online HERE.
Applications are being considered as they are received. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Widely recognized as Canada's leading litigation practice, Lenczner Slaght has successfully represented clients' interests in some of the country's most complex and high-profile cases. Our lawyers are distinguished by their depth of courtroom experience, appearing at all levels of the courts, before tribunals, and in mediation and arbitration proceedings. We're also known for our wealth of talent: Lenczner Slaght partners, ranked among the best of their peers nationally, recruit and mentor gifted litigators who uphold the highest professional standards. From commercial disputes and class actions to professional regulation and cross-border matters, we bring expert strategy to all areas of litigation.