Litigation AssociatesSeptember 15, 2021
Lenczner Slaght is widely recognized as Canada’s leading litigation firm. Focusing exclusively on litigation and advocacy, we represent clients in a wide range of matters and practice areas in proceedings before all levels of Canadian courts. Our subject-matter expertise and extensive courtroom experience is consistently recognized by clients, peers, and senior members of the legal profession in leading legal publications, including Chambers Canada and Lexpert. If you want to become an expert litigator at the top of your field, Lenczner Slaght is the place to be.
We are currently seeking Litigation Associates qualified to practice law in Ontario. The ideal candidates will have the below qualifications.
- 2-4 years of litigation experience
- Excellent oral advocacy skills along with well-developed negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing, drafting, research and analytical skills along with a demonstrated ability to conduct complex legal research and develop legal arguments
- Demonstrated organizational and practice management skills, a keen attention for detail and the ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Exceptional client management skills and proven relationship building and interpersonal skills; a strong listener who is able to quickly establish trust and credibility with their clients
- Developed knowledge of various legal research methods and technology
- Excellent academic performance
Lenczner Slaght offers the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of Canada’s most highly regarded litigators. Lenczner Slaght partners are ranked among the best of their peers nationally and lead a mentoring and development program that attracts gifted lawyers who are committed to upholding the highest professional standards. New associates sharpen their advocacy skills by getting as much experience as possible in the courtroom.
We also recruit, support, and accommodate diverse candidates with a commitment to their retention and advancement. If you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, please advise us.
Applications should be addressed to Natalie Zinman, Director, Legal Recruitment & Development. Qualified candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, résumé and transcripts online HERE.
Applications are being considered as they are received. Deadline to apply is October 18, 2021. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Widely recognized as Canada's leading litigation practice, Lenczner Slaght has successfully represented clients' interests in some of the country's most complex and high-profile cases. Our lawyers are distinguished by their depth of courtroom experience, appearing at all levels of the courts, before tribunals, and in mediation and arbitration proceedings. We're also known for our wealth of talent: Lenczner Slaght partners, ranked among the best of their peers nationally, recruit and mentor gifted litigators who uphold the highest professional standards. From commercial disputes and class actions to professional regulation and cross-border matters, we bring expert strategy to all areas of litigation.