Litigation AssociateNovember 17, 2021
LZW has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Litigation Associate to join our busy and expanding litigation team.
LZW’s litigation team represents a broad range of financial institutions, private corporations, lenders, and debtors, as well as receivers and trustees in bankruptcy. We are looking for a talented and dynamic lawyer with extensive experience in commercial and civil litigation. Experience in Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring law would be considered a definite asset.
This position offers excellent opportunities for advancement and mentorship. Our ideal candidate will be highly client-service oriented, and will possess strong research, drafting and advocating skills.
Our Litigation Associate will be responsible for:
- Advocating for clients at all levels of Court in Ontario including the Court of Appeal, Divisional Court, and Superior Court of Justice. Experience in matters before the Commercial List and Bankruptcy courts would be an asset.
- Representing clients in matters relating to commercial litigation, security enforcement, insolvency related litigation, including receiverships and bankruptcies.
- Litigating debtor/creditor disputes involving guarantees, fraud, transfers at undervalue, injunctive relief and other bankruptcy.
- Handling complex files from intake to resolution with minimal guidance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience in Canadian Commercial and Civil Litigation
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- LLB or JD from a recognized institution
- Team player with strong communication skills, adaptability, and ability to develop strong relationships with diverse clients.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a timely manner with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent client service and organizational skills.
Inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and who considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Lori A. Budd, Office Manager at email@example.com
Please send your resume and cover letter to Lori Budd, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded more than four decades ago, LZW was created with one fundamental goal - to ensure every client, whether a large corporation, small business or individual, received exceptional service. LZW specializes in commercial / civil litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency, banking and financial services, commercial real estate, and corporate law.