In-House Legal CounselJune 16, 2022
Our client, a leading publicly listed mining company with operations in Canada, the United States and South America, is seeking a Legal Counsel to join its exceptional team. The company has a strong growth strategy focused on creating sustainable value through acquisition, development, and operation of high-quality, long-life deposits with exploration potential in jurisdictions that support responsible mining.
The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years’ corporate securities experience at a major law firm and/or in-house.
This position supports the General Counsel and Director, Corporate Legal with a focus on public company reporting, corporate governance, financing and strategic transactions, and compliance. This opportunity offers interesting work, excellent mentorship, hybrid arrangement, an attractive compensation package, and a friendly and supportive work environment.
- Preparing disclosure documents and public company filings
- Assisting with the preparation of Board materials and drafting Board and Committee minutes
- Supporting the execution of financing and strategic transactions
- Supporting the implementation of compliance systems and policies
- Researching, reviewing, and advising on obligations under material agreements, securities regulation, stock exchange and applicable laws
- Managing external counsel
- Providing legal support to business operations
Stitt + Zosky focuses on legal recruitment at all levels. Our team has a combined 40 years' experience in legal recruitment and talent management. We work with a range of law firms and companies using our broad network to achieve your professional goals. Let our experience and attention ensure your success.