Associate General Counsel - Internet Company (Worldwide Remote)September 17, 2021
Our client, a groundbreaking internet privacy company, is seeking an Associate General Counsel to help shape its all-in-one privacy solution package of products with the goal of protecting consumers’ privacy online. The company is in an exciting high growth phase. In this role, you will be the principal legal advisor on all relevant business operations and work directly with engineers and product teams to bring innovative solutions to market. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years’ experience (ideally with 3+ years in-house in a leadership role) providing legal advice on technology product development and commercialization, as well as general corporate, privacy, and marketing/advertising. This is a fully remote position with flexibility in a forward thinking, non hierarchical work environment. Attractive compensation package is in USD.
- Serve as a legal advisor on relevant business operations and assist in growing a team of in-house lawyers dedicated to enabling growth
- Propose and lead high-complexity projects, turning vague problems into tightly-scoped high-impact projects
- Partner with product and engineering teams to help bring the all-in-one privacy offering to the market
- Analyze legal issues through risk assessment, risk management, and pragmatic decision-making
- Develop internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with international, federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations
- Ensure compliance with privacy laws
- Review marketing materials for compliance with advertising law
- Assist in navigating domestic and international HR and employment issues
- Support contracting, from vendor selection (including GDPR compliance) through contract execution, drafting template agreements, managing existing contracts, and advising on best practices, standards, and model clauses in transactional law
- Manage litigation issues with support from external counsel
- Assist with tech policy issues when needed
- Work closely and collaboratively with the broader team
Stitt + Zosky focuses on legal recruitment at all levels. Our team has a combined 40 years' experience in legal recruitment and talent management. We work with a range of law firms and companies using our broad network to achieve your professional goals. Let our experience and attention ensure your success.