Bilingual In-House Counsel LawyerMay 13, 2022
Bilingual In-House Counsel Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
Colas Canada Inc., Canada’s leader in construction and maintenance of transportation infrastructure, is a holding and management company with operating companies across Canada. Colas Canada is a subsidiary of the Colas Group, a publicly listed company headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in transport infrastructure construction and maintenance. Backed by a workforce of 57,000 people, Colas Group undertakes about 60,000 projects every year via a network of 800 construction units and 3,000 material production continents.
Job Description – Bilingual In-House Counsel Lawyer
Colas Canada has an immediate opening for a bilingual In-House Counsel Lawyer to join its team in Toronto. Reporting to the General Counsel, the In-House Counsel will be responsible for providing legal support to the company’s subsidiaries operating across Canada.
Offering a competitive compensation package, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented business-oriented lawyer to join a preeminent, international company offering a collaborative work environment and work-life balance.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Legal and risk analysis across various business units.
- Legal support to operations (industries and construction activities).
- Contract review, including updating commercial agreement templates to ensure consistency Canada-wide.
- Review and advise the business regarding negotiation of commercial agreements.
- Insurance coverage analysis and portfolio management.
- Compliance analysis and implementation.
- Litigation management.
- Liaise with and gather information from different groups for various corporate purposes, including regulatory matters, licenses and real estate related matters.
- Provide support and report to Colas Canada’s General Counsel.
- Clerical and regulatory tasks to ensure proper licenses are in place.
- Travel is to be expected as well as interaction with Group Head Office in Paris.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 0-4 years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house.
- Experience with legal research and analysis of applicable laws.
- Experience with construction matters and initial exposure with P3 market an asset.
- Transactional and contract negotiation experience.
- Proficiency using Excel software.
- Success in this position requires flexibility, curiosity, thoroughness, and a team-oriented mindset.
- Details oriented, solution driven with the sense of the overall dynamic, and good communication skills.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
When you choose to work with The Counsel Network, you are aligning with Canada's most powerful, respected, connected and trusted lawyer recruitment firm. Our recruiters possess an unparalleled knowledge of the legal market and provide our clients with robust, compelling and always current analyses empowering them to make decisions based on their business objectives and recruitment needs. Our success in the Canadian market is rooted in our passion, our talent, and our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. We have earned our reputation of outstanding service and professionalism.