In-House Counsel, Litigation - Purolator Inc.June 3, 2021
In-House Counsel, Litigation Lawyer Job in Mississauga, Canada
Purolator Inc. is a leading Canadian integrated freight, package, and logistics solutions provider in Canada. Celebrating 60 years of delivering its customers’ promises, Purolator continues to expand its reach and renowned service levels and reliability to more people, more businesses, and more places across the country and around the world. Purolator is proud of its Canadian heritage and is focused on sustainably positioning itself for future growth and success. Purolator is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities it serves and where more than 13,000 of its employees live, work and play.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a talented lawyer to get involved in an exciting and evolving industry with a company leading the change as they strive to deliver the future.
Job Description – In-House Counsel, Litigation Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking an In-House Counsel, Litigation Lawyer to join its team in Mississauga. The successful candidate will be managing a diverse practice portfolio in a fast-paced and engaging work environment alongside a collaborative and supportive legal team. The ideal candidate will have four to seven years of litigation experience in a law firm or in-house environment. Success in this position requires diplomacy, pragmaticism, and persuasiveness.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Manage a diverse practice portfolio with key areas, including civil litigation (excluding labour), claims & litigation management, regulatory, environmental, health & safety, human rights & accessibility, workplace investigations and policy review.
· Provide support for labour & employment matters, security & loss prevention, and risk & compliance matters.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
· LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
· Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
· 4-7 years of experience in a law firm or in-house environment.
· Diplomatic, pragmatic, and persuasive disposition.
· Effective management of competing priorities and the ability to solve varied problems with confidence.
· Exceptional interpersonal and client service skills.
· Knowledge of the federal sector and the Canada Labour Code would be preferred.
· Transportation industry experience is considered an asset.
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. The company considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
416.364.6654 / 604.643.1708
When you choose to work with The Counsel Network, you are aligning with Canada's most powerful, respected, connected and trusted lawyer recruitment firm. Our recruiters possess an unparalleled knowledge of the legal market and provide our clients with robust, compelling and always current analyses empowering them to make decisions based on their business objectives and recruitment needs. Our success in the Canadian market is rooted in our passion, our talent, and our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. We have earned our reputation of outstanding service and professionalism.