IT AssociateNovember 20, 2023
Torkin Manes is seeking to add a mid-level IT associate to join our Technology and Privacy & Data Management Groups. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years of information technology experience, excellent interpersonal and client service skills, and sound business judgment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of technology contracts (both vendor and customer side) including software licenses, software development agreements, hardware agreements, master services agreements, cloud agreements (SaaS/IaaS/PaaS/Storage as a Service), reseller/distribution agreements, support and maintenance agreements/SLAs, e/m-commerce agreements, data sharing agreements, and hosting agreements
- Advising on technology aspects of corporate transactions, including drafting technology representations and warranties for asset/share purchase agreements, preparing due diligence deficiency reports regarding technology and intellectual property
- Advising on fintech agreements and compliance with Canadian payment legislation, regulations, and rules including compliance with Payments Canada and the Financial Transaction and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada’s rules and requirements
- Drafting privacy-related agreements, including drafting privacy representations and warranties for asset/share purchase agreements, due diligence reports regarding privacy non-compliance
- Advising clients regarding compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation
- Advising clients on advertising and marketing law, including contest rules
- Advising clients on software licensing audits
- Familiarity with relevant Canadian legislation, including:
- The Electronic Commerce Act (Ontario)
- The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Ontario) and its regulations
- Canadian Payments and Payments Card Legislation, related regulations, rules and third-party operation rules (including an Act Respecting Retail Payment Activities Canadian Payments Act, Payments Clearing and Settlement Act, Payments Canada Rules, Payment Card Networks Act and the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Industry in Canada, Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act and the major card network operating rules and regulations)
- The Consumer Protection Act (Ontario) (internet and distance contracts)
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation and its regulations
- The CRTC’s Unsolicited Telecommunication Rules
As a vibrant, growing full-service law firm located in downtown Toronto, Torkin Manes LLP is proud to have been ranked the #1 Ontario Regional Law Firm by Canadian Lawyer.
If you are motivated and looking to excel, please apply in confidence to:
Director of Talent and Recruitment
Torkin Manes LLP is a full-service law firm based in downtown Toronto. Our clientele ranges from public and private corporations, to financial institutions, to professional practices, to individuals. We have built our firm from the ground up - by understanding our clients' business needs, being results-oriented, practical, smart, cost-effective and responsive. Torkin Manes offers the services of 125+ lawyers covering the same areas of expertise as larger firms, but with all the advantages of a mid-sized, entrepreneurial law firm.