MacDonald & Associates: SENIOR LITIGATION ASSOCIATE 6 to 10 YEARSMarch 25, 2021
Our client: MacDonald & Associates, seeks a strong Litigator, with a minimum of 6+ years of practical experience (post-Call to Bar). The ideal candidate will have specific experience in employment law litigation (and/or commercial litigation) along with trial and appellate court experience.
Candidates must have:
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication, analytical, practice management, and teamwork skills; and be able to assume responsibility in an extremely active and busy employment law/litigation practice.
- Experience in drafting all pleadings; as well as experience at: trial and appellate courts, Human Rights Tribunal, etc.
- Strong litigation and dispute resolution/negotiation experience.
- Strong knowledge of applicable provincial and federal laws including but not limited to the Employment Standards Act 2000, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Rights legislation, etc.
- Experience drafting and reviewing a wide range of complicated employment, stock option, RSU, and severance agreements for C-Suite Executives.
- Experience in drafting marketing/advertising material for legal services, including law firm website content; and regularly blogging and / or writing on relevant legal matters of interest to potential and retained clients of the Firm.
- Deadline and client driven.
- Ambitious: The sky is the limit attitude.
- Must be able to ‘Think Outside the Box’.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to further develop their litigation skills and career as part of a thriving and fast-growing Firm. The Firm also offers a professional development/legal education program as well as a very attractive compensation package for the right candidate.
You will enjoy one-on-one mentorship with one of Canada’s most recognized leaders in employment law litigation: Natalie C. MacDonald; you will gain exposure to, and advise on, highly sophisticated legal cases. Named 2018 Employment Lawyer of the Year, Natalie is an award-winning visionary who has repeatedly been named among Canada’s Top Employment Law Practitioners; and was recently nominated as one of Canada’s Top 25 Legal Influencers, in the category of Changemakers.
This is an ideal position for a lawyer committed to exceeding clients’ goals and changing the future in human rights and employment laws in Canada.
A partial book of business is a very ‘nice-to-have’ but not necessary.
We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the above requirements. If you are interested in submitting your application, please send your cover letter, résumé, law transcripts, at least one writing sample; and a list of your referees, in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org, TSERGAS Human Capital, All Things People™