Seema Aggarwal Joins Cassels BrockSeptember 23, 2013
Seema Aggarwal is an associate in the Restructuring and Insolvency Group at Cassels Brock. She has broad experience acting for financial institutions, accounting firms, corporations and insolvency practitioners on a wide variety of restructurings, refinancings, receiverships and bankruptcies as well as the enforcement of creditors rights and commercial litigation matters.
Prior to joining Cassels Brock, Seema was a Managing Associate for over two years at a magic circle law firm in London, UK where she was involved in a variety of European restructurings and refinancings, UK corporate schemes of arrangement and UK administrations. Prior to that, Seema was an associate for six years at a pre-eminent restructuring and insolvency boutique law firm in Toronto.
Some of Seemas significant matters include:
UK and Europe
- Acted for PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in connection with the UK administration of Lehman Brothers International (Europe)
- Acted for Deloitte LLP in connection with the UK administrations of HMV Group plc and certain of its subsidiaries
- Acted for Lighthouse International Company S.A., a Luxembourg special purpose vehicle, in connection with the restructuring of Seat Pagine Gialle S.p.A., an Italian listed entity and a pan-European directories business that underwent a 2.77 billion debt restructuring, one of the largest and most complex restructurings in Europe
- Acted for Viridian Group Limited and certain of its subsidiaries, a Northern Irish electricity provider, in connection with its £1.377 billion restructuring and refinancing
- Acted for A. John Page & Associates Inc., the court-appointed monitor of Nelson Financial Group Ltd. in connection with its Canadian CCAA proceeding
- Acted for Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company, the indenture trustee of $200 million in bonds issued by Smurfit-Stone Container Canada Inc. and certain of its Canadian and US affiliates in connection with their Canadian CCAA and US Chapter 11 proceedings
- Acted for Ernst & Young Inc., the court-appointed monitor of AbitibiBowater Inc. and certain of its Canadian affiliates in connection with their Canadian CCAA proceeding
- Acted for a committee of institutional bondholders holding over $700 million in bonds in connection with its opposition to a proposed $52 billion leveraged buyout of BCE Inc.
To view Seema’s complete profile, please visit: http://www.casselsbrock.com/People/Seema_Aggarwal
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice
Bankruptcy & Insolvency