Jonathan Freeman Joins Cassels BrockJune 28, 2011
Jonathan’s practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate law including financings, acquisitions, dispositions, property development, public/private infrastructure projects and commercial leasing. He also has extensive real estate financing experience which includes the financing of seniors housing projects and apartment buildings. Jonathan has represented both lenders and borrowers in a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions including traditional bank lending, corporate restructurings and workouts.
His significant real estate transaction experience includes:
- Acting for the purchaser of a portfolio of home heating fuel distribution centres throughout Canada
- Acting for the purchaser in the acquisition of shopping centre lands in Calgary, Alberta
- Acting for vendors on the sale of pad sites and retail outlet portfolios
- Acting for one of Canada’s largest seniors housing operators in connection with a portfolio financing of 21 retirement and long-term care homes in Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia with a total value of more than $240 million
- Negotiating a 99,000 sq. ft. major tenant lease in a Class A office tower in Toronto, Ontario
Before joining Cassels Brock, Jonathan worked in the Real Estate and Banking and Finance Groups at another major Canadian law firm.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Jonathan served as a special assistant to the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans in Ottawa, advising on the Atlantic Canadian fisheries industry. He is also a former member of the Board of Directors for Orchestra Toronto.
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice