Frank DeLuca Joins Cassels BrockOctober 26, 2012
Frank is a partner in the Securities Group at Cassels Brock. His practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate governance and continuous disclosure. Frank has extensive experience in negotiating support, arrangement and voting agreements for public acquisitions and sales and purchase agreements for private acquisitions, advising both issuers and underwriters in the raising of capital in Canada and the US, assisting clients in constructing and documenting corporate governance regimes in compliance with applicable laws and industry standards, including industry associations, advising clients on compliance with continuous disclosure regimes under applicable securities laws and industry standards, and providing strategic advice to clients on the implementation and structuring of a variety of joint ventures in various jurisdictions around the world. Frank was appointed to the Ontario Securities Commissions Continuous Disclosure Advisory Committee for 2008/2009.
Franks experience includes:
- Advising Borealis Infrastructure Management Inc. and Borealis Acquisition Corporation in connection with its unsolicited takeover bid for Teranet Income Fund
- Representing Falconbridge Limited in connection with the competing offers by Xstrata plc and Inco Limited to purchase all of its outstanding shares and the eventual purchase of all of its outstanding shares by Xstrata and in connection with debt and equity offerings in Canada and in the US through the Canada/US multijurisdictional disclosure system (MJDS)
- Advising GS Capital Partners on the acquisition of Alliance Atlantis Communications Inc. and the acquisition of Movie Distribution Income Fund
- Acting for Atlas Cold Storage Income Trust in connection with the purchase of the outstanding units of Atlas by the Avion Group
- Advising General Electric Company in connection with its acquisition of Zenon Environmental Inc. by way of plan of arrangement
- Representing the underwriters in connection with 4 public offerings of senior notes of Shaw Communications Inc. for aggregate proceeds of approximately $1.5 billion
- Acting for Primaris Retail Real Estate Investment Trust in connection with 10 public offerings of equity securities and convertible debentures for total proceeds of approximately $1.1 billion
- Advising Norbord Inc. in connection with its US$250 million and US$200 million cross-border offerings of debentures under the Canada/US, a US$240 million rights offering, 2 secondary offerings by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and various joint venture and other commercial arrangements
- Representing the underwriters in connection with 4 public offerings by Northland Power Income Fund of equity securities and convertible debentures for total proceeds of approximately $415 million
- Acting for Ontario Electricity Financial Corporation in a $2.1 billion secondary offering of medium term notes of Hydro One Inc.
- Acting for Weeks Marine, Inc. in its acquisition of McNally Construction Inc.
J.D., University of Toronto, 1996
B.A. (Economics), University of Western Ontario
Call to the bar
Canadian Bar Association
Ontario Bar Association
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
University of Toronto
Year Of Call
Area Of Practice